Our assessment center is located on Queens College’s beautiful campus in Flushing, Queens. Upon arrival, you and your child will come to our child-friendly play area in Delany Hall where we will spend 2-3 hours with you and your child. Some of the activities throughout the appointment include:
Games and puzzles
We want to engage with your child to understand how they see the world, solve problems, and play!
Noninvasive optional hair, nail, and saliva collection from mom and child
The body is full of information about your well-being!
Hair retains levels of stress hormones present in the body at the time of growth.
Nails contain information about exposure to different chemicals in your environment.
Saliva is full of information! In only a few milliliters of saliva we can find out about the various natural bacteria, hormones and chemicals present in the body.
Heart rate, breathing, and skin temperature
We record these physiological factors from you and your child while you watch a video to monitor how you respond to changing stimuli in the environment.
We want to know all about you! We ask that you fill out a few questionnaires so we can better understand you and your child, and the experiences you’ve had.
All of the information you choose to share with us is 100% confidential.
Assessment Center Waiting Room
Assessment Center Clinical Testing Room
Assessment Center Physiology Testing Room
We have great news to share with you!
Follow-up assessments for your child (ages 18 months – 5 years) are underway at Queens College in Flushing, Queens!
The assessment will take between 2-3 hours, and take place at a time that is good for you and your child.
You can earn up to $230 by participating in one assessment!
Here are some advantages of participating:
- During the visit your child will receive a kid-friendly developmental assessment that usually costs hundreds of dollars.
- What’s more, we will pay you instead (up to $230)!
- You and your child will be helping us learn more about how children grow.
- If any early sign of a health problem is found, we will refer you or your child to a specialist.
More details about the assessment:
- Developmental assessment with kid-friendly games and toys.
- We will look at your child’s physical, mental, and motor skill development.
- Watching a video of a nature scene.
- We will look at your and your child’s heart rate, breathing, and skin temperature.
- Optional Collection of:
- Hair, saliva and nail clippings from you and your child.
- Self-report questionnaires
- We will mail these ahead of your time so that you can complete the questionnaires at home and bring them to your appointment.
Your privacy is strictly protected and no information will be reported to anyone without your permission.
You and your child’s participation would greatly help us understand how babies grow and how to help new mothers provide the best environment for their child’s development.
If you have already made an appointment but are no longer available at that time, please let us know so we can reschedule for a time that is more convenient for you and your child.
Please schedule your appointment today by calling us at 718-570-0347, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you and your child soon!!!